Hemp is an incredibly versatile plant that can be used to obtain textile, cosmetic and food products, not to mention its application in the manufacture of plastics, paper, biofuels and even in construction! Check out these five hemp products that you can buy here in Latvia.
1. The use of hemp fiber for fabric production is nothing new! Super-resistant, its texture is similar to that of linen, and the fiber can be combined with other materials - such as cotton and silk, for example. And yes, right here in Latvia you can get hemp wool blankets from Terra Cannabis.
2. Hemp contains antioxidants, omega 3 and 6 and essential fatty acids, and its seeds are rich in protein, iron, and calcium. It works as a nutritious food supplement, and its oil can be used in the preparation of endless recipes. You can find many hemp food products in our online shop.
3. Hemp for thermal and acoustic insulation of houses and buildings sounds good? A lighter, stronger and environmentally friendly alternative for your home. Hemp shives are available in Latvia through Hemp Time.
4. The use of hemp oil by the cosmetics industry has been around for a long time, and there are numerous product lines - with shampoos, soaps, body and face moisturizers, sun and lip balms, anti-aging creams and so on. In Latvia, you can also get hemp cosmetic products (among others) from Smelly Viking.
5. Last but not least, there is a growing interest in CBD oil for "its potential role in easing symptoms of many common health issues, including anxiety, depression, acne, and heart disease" (read more here). In Latvia, you can also order your CBD oil from Gwee Products.
Did you already know about these products? Do you know any other products made with hemp and available here in Latvia? Be sure to tell us in the comments!
Leave a reply
Welcome to the Obelisk Farm blog!
My name is Débora and I created this blog so that you could get information about hemp and the work we do here at our hemp farm, and so I could share my (and my family) love for Hemp ❤ I hope you enjoy and visit the blog often!